EFFECTS OF LIGHTNING
- Voltage breakdown of semiconductor transitions
- Destruction of the bond wire connections of components
- Destruction of conductor paths or connections of printed circuit boards
- Destruction of triacs or thyristors by too high dV/dt-values.
- Undefined operation of logic gates, thyristors and triacs
- Deletion of memory contents
- Program errors or crashes
- Data and transmission errors
Components that are exposed to overvoltages have a shorter service life.
(Damages and costs caused by overvoltages)
(Damage caused by overvoltage)